Release Notes HighLights
Compatibility Matrix for version 8.0
Do not run uninstall on the 7.4, 7.5, or 7.6 Release, instead stop the MSE and directly run the installer.
- Verify that the filename remains unchanged.The correct filename is CISCO-MSE-L-K9-8-0-100-0-64bit.bin.tar.gz, if it has named, it should be renamed correctly.
- Backup the MSE using Prime Infrastructure
- Download software to the MSE from CPI
- Verify that the MSE image file (CISCO-MSE-L-K9-8-0-100-0-64bit.bin.tar) is in the Mobility Services Engines /opt/installers directory.
- Move to the new directory and unpack the installation files
- You need ensure that the .bin file has execute permissions for root user
- Stop the MSE
- Install the new MSE image
- The system will reboot
- Wait like 5 minutes and verify that the version has been updated via Cisco Prime
- Login to the MSE and backup before continuing
- Synchronize services from Cisco Prime